Friday, September 12, 2008

Best cookies ever

Here's a little fact about me: I love cookies. Like really love them. I'd pick cookies over pretty much anything. And the classic chocolate chip cookie (homemade of course - always homemade) is my favorite.
The recipe I use is right on the back of the Toll House bag. I've tried other recipes and they're just not good to me. The only change I make is instead of 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, I do 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour and 1 c. all-purpose. It makes them SO much better. Chewier and better. Oh and no nuts. My dad loves them with walnuts.. crazy! :)
So whip up a batch of homemade cookies and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Janis said...

Never tried them with whole wheat flour. Will give it a try next time I make my favorite toll house cookies. Enjoy your blog very much. Jan

Laura said...

I make them the same way with the wheat flour, but instead of 3/4 c. of br. sugar and 3/4 c. of white sugar, I use 1 whole cup br. sugar and 1/2 c. white. It makes them super chewy!!

Leah said...

oooo.. I'll have to try that next time!