Friday, November 21, 2008

Handmade gifts

This weekend I plan on working on some Christmas gifts.. I have a few projects I want to do but I haven't started any of them yet, just gathering some supplies. I hope I have enough time!

Here's two that are in the works:

A quilt for Brian. I'm posting this because he knows about it and he even picked several of the fabrics. haha.. I got him to go to the fabric store :)

I haven't decided on a pattern yet.. I'm thinking I want to just have fun with it and do something inspired by the Gee's Bend quilts. I have this book and it's just marvelous.

And an apron for his mom. He also helped pick out this fabric. The photo is the apron from Amy Butler's In Stitches. I've made a couple of these and they're fast and easy and cute.
I'm thinking of getting one of these pot holders from SallyRags to go along with it and maybe some of our favorite recipes printed out onto cute recipe cards.
What projects will you be working on this weekend?

No comments: