Monday, January 26, 2009

pleated beauty handbag

Here's the bag I mentioned last week, the pleated beauty handbag from Bend-the-Rules Sewing. I decided to leave the linen plain and not embellish it like the directions say to do. I also made the lining fabric different than the outside of the bag (I didn't have enough linen). I like the bag a lot but it might be a little too big for everyday use, although I like that I can easily fit a journal, camera, or some knitting (or all three!) in there.
I had more problems than I thought necessary on this bag.
I think Bend-the-Rules Sewing is a cute book, but there was some important info left out on a few different occasions and the directions in general weren't very clear. I had to do a little guessing (Is that why it's called "bend-the-rules"??).

Another thing I changed a bit is I sewed up the middle of the pocket to make two smaller ones. The size of the pocket in the directions was huge. And I meant to include some small magnets in between the lining and the outside fabrics but I completely forgot! It seems ok without them though.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a beautiful bag! I love the pleats.

Btw, I'm having a giveaway on my blog this week!